Thursday, November 3, 2011

When You Meet A Witch... Sketching the idea....


I thought it might interest some of you to see how I progress from a rough sketch of an illustration idea through to the final painting.... they don't always go as planned but this halloween idea, I think, turned out very well :)  It's based on a story idea that I still haven't fleshed out but, as usual with me, I couldn't wait to start painting some of the images in my head.  Hope you are intrigued and want to see more of the story.... you'll have to wait a bit though... till I get some of these fun ideas painted.  Then I'll go back to the narrative... backwards though this approach is it seems to work for me.

 This is the first rough sketch.... I didn't like the body position on the right, too stiff.  So moved onto  the second drawing on the left and developed it more once I established that I really liked the interaction between the characters.


This is the finished sketch.  I added the cat, trees, moon, bats and distant landscape.... yep! I'm happy with this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment